Tips for Raising Happy, Healthy Kids at Every Stage
No one ever said parenting would be easy, but there are countless resources out there for navigating the challenges of raising kids. Whether you’re a new mom or you’re raising kids in their teens, it seems there is always something new to learn. These resources will help you handle each stage and age in stride.
The Importance of Structure
Whether you have toddlers or teens, they can benefit a lot from routines and structure. These resources will help you provide a sense of stability for your kids.
● No matter your kids’ ages, a great way to have structure is to establish clear rules.
● Having bedtime routines ensures your kids get enough sleep while also having structure.
● Likewise, following a regular nap schedule for little ones helps too.
● Having family meals together is another great routine that can help you bond.
Play Ideas for All Ages
Routines and structure are great, but kids also need the freedom to explore and color outside the lines sometimes. These ideas can help your kids get the most out of their downtime.
● Always give your kids lots of fun alternatives to screen time.
● Encourage constructive play with blocks or other building materials.
● Learn about the weather with some at-home storm spotting.
● Don’t underestimate the power of unstructured play